Rolling admissions phase is now in motion at Hawai‘i Preparatory Academy which means that all application deadlines have passed. Learn how one student gained an opportunity for independence and an early start at the school by applying during this phase.
One example of a partnership is with NASA:
As part of our telemetry support mission for the NASA HISEAS (Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation) program going into mission later this year, HPA has been connected to the Space Network Research Federation (SNRF).
This enables our students to interact directly with research centers around the world, including the Kennedy Space Center, where NASA scientist Bill Dearing is based.
- NASA: Collaboration on the HI-SEAS Mars simulation project
- Washington Post
- Stanford University: Hosting field research programs, collaboration with the Stanford Field station
- W. M. Keck Observatory: Collaboration on energy projects, visualization, astronomy and astrophysics projects
- Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope: Exoplanet research
- Subaru Telescope: Intern hosting, exoplanet research
- Apple: Apple Distinguished Program Awards 1998-2013, collaboration on MacWorld and WWDC
- MacWorld and Worldwide Developers Conference “Future Tech” program
- Cornell: Hosting Environmental research program, intern program, coral research and other collaboration
- Blue Planet Foundation/Puu Waa Waa ranch: Energy prototype systems
- Parker Ranch: Weather and climate research project
- Local hotels: Energy use studies
- Office of Naval Research: remotely piloted marine research vessel
- NOAA Mauna Loa Research Lab sensor hosting
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center Seismic sensor network
- Quake Catcher Network collaboration and data analysis