The HPA Fund enables parents, alumni, and friends to join together with gifts of all sizes and to make a big difference for the school we love. The fund is a critical resource that influences virtually every aspect of learning and life at HPA.
When you support the HPA Fund, you create a level of education that goes far beyond the ordinary. This includes experiences and priorities such as:
- Student-driven, experiential learning through capstone courses, class projects, Theme Week, field trips, and numerous other experiences.
- Professional development for faculty and specialists to stay on the leading edge of their disciplines.
- A robust Hawaiian studies program that includes four years of Hawaiian language, May Day, Makahiki games, and a wealth of other classes, activities, and traditions.
- EEG brain research headsets, DNA PCR thermocyler, infrared cameras, drones, and all the other technology tools of our science classrooms and Energy Lab.
- Two campus gardens and two campus libraries, and the staff and equipment to support them.
- Top-notch athletic facilities, physical education specialists, plentiful afterschool programs, and 28 varsity and junior varsity teams.
- Painting, batik, ceramics, digital media, annual art shows, and all the vibrant creativity of art classes.
- Fantastic outdoor and service learning programs that inspire servant-leadership in our students and benefit our surrounding community.
- A multicultural student body from here in Hawai‘i and around the world, including financial aid for students who would otherwise be unable to attend.
‘A‘ohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia (No task is too big when done together by all.)
—‘Ōlelo Nō‘eau 144
We’re coming together in record numbers
Last year (2018-19) was our most successful ever for the HPA Fund. Overall dollars are on the rise, and the percentage of alumni giving nearly tripled, from 5.8% to 14.5%. Though there remains much work ahead to continue to build upon our momentum, it is already clear what an enormous impact we can make by coming together for the school we love.
Exercise your power of participation
You can direct your gift to the area of HPA that is meaningful to you or your family. And your gift can be of any amount. Every gift delivers impact. Having your participation is what we value most.